If you want to automate repetitive tasks, such as tagging tickets or responding to common questions, you're in the right place!
Rules allow you to perform actions on tickets when something happens in Gorgias. Below are some common use cases.
Setting up automatic tagging
Say you get a lot of shipping tickets, and you want to classify them using a tag. Let's build a rule for that.
- In Settings, go to Rules and click Create new rule
- Select WHEN Ticket created as a trigger
- Click on THEN, and select an IF statement
- Select message -> body text -> contains -> Shipping
- Click on following THEN, select Add tag as an action, and type "shipping"
- Click Save, and Activate
Well done! Now, if a new ticket that contains the word "shipping" is created, Gorgias will add the shipping tag. As a next step, you can create a view that only contains shipping tickets.