What are internal notes?
Internal notes are messages on tickets that are only visible to your team. You can use them to collaborate on a ticket and on a ticket, internal notes have a yellow background.
Leaving an internal note on a ticket
- Click on the channel icon
- Select Leave an internal note
- Type the note and click send.
This will add the note to the ticket. The note won't be visible to the customer.
How to mention someone
When you need the input of a colleague to respond to a ticket, add an internal note and mention your colleague on it. They will receive an email with the note when you send the message.
- Type @ find your colleague on the list, and click on the name.
- Type the text and click send.
Frequently asked questions:
- Can a new ticket be created with just an internal note?
Not currently. A message to the customer will have to be sent in the newly created ticket, and only then can an internal note be added.